When it comes to caring for wrinkle-prone skin, few ingredients can claim to have anti-aging effects. One such ingredient that is worth adding to your skincare routine is Retinol. It is often considered an elite and effective ingredient in several top-quality skincare products. Because of its enhanced anti-aging effect on the skin, it is used in retinol cream to reduce fine lines, crows’ feet, wrinkles, etc.
What Is Retinol?
Dermatologists regard Retinol as a certain type of retinoid in the class of Vitamin A. In fact, they are considered to be the weaker versions of vitamin A, although it does not hold themselves back when addressing the signs of aging on the skin. It boosts blood flow to the skin, thereby improving collagen production.
The topical application of Retinol is linked to the basal cells, found in the lowest level of the skin. They start to split over time to activate new epidermal cells so they can move to the skin surface. This helps shed the older cells and start the skin exfoliation process. In response to this process, fine lines, pigmentation marks, and even dark spots tend to fade away or become less noticeable.
How Is It Helpful For Skin?
A retinol cream may enhance skin tone and reduce acne marks, age spots, or sunspots. Most anti-aging products, including serums, and creams, have Retinol in them and are suggested by a dermatologist for the look of youth.
Here are four main benefits of using Retinol on face.
- Clears your acne marks
Retinol is a star ingredient that helps prevent acne marks and dark spots from becoming more prominent. By unclogging pores, Retinol removes dust and impurities from building in and thus prevents future breakouts as well.
Retinol can also boost the results of other creams and gels you use in your daily routine. Yes, you can also use pure aloe vera gel for face, improving acne marks.
- Slows down signs of aging
Retinol is one of the great anti-aging ingredients on the market. Back in the seventies, Retinol was considered an anti-acne treatment, but now it is considered to address signs of aging on the skin. It can thus help reduce wrinkles and fine lines with regular application.
- Helps even skin tone
One of the notable aspects of retinol cream is that it boosts skin cell turnover. Skin cell turnover refers to generating new skin cells to replace older or existing skin cells, which is like exfoliation.
Increasing collagen and elastin in the skin make way for brighter, even-toned, and smoother skin. The thick skin has fewer imperfections and remains healthy. Thus, using retinol-enriched skin care products can make the skin more radiant.
Here are some other benefits of Retinol in your beauty care:-
- Clear pores
- Amplify cellular turnover
- Decrease hyperpigmentation
- Brightens skin tone
- Diminishes fine lines and wrinkles
- Evens out skin texture and tone
Points to Remember When Using Retinol Cream
- A higher percentage of Retinol is linked to skin irritation, redness, and dry, flaky skin. So, it is advisable to check the concentration of Retinol in your cream when buying one. Usually, dermatologists recommend a low concentration (0.25% or 0.3%) of the ingredient to see how it works with your skin before moving to a higher concentration.
- Along with Retinol, look for other ingredients such as glycolic and hydroxy acids. Retinol alone may not be helpful, but these ingredients work along with Retinol to erase wrinkles and fine lines.
- The topical application of Retinol increases sensitivity. So, don’t apply sunscreen the next day when going out in the sun.
- If you are using higher concentrations of Retinol, avoid areas around your mouth and the eyes.
- Pregnant women should abstain from using retinol creams as they can cause potent health issues to the developing baby.
How to use Retinol Creams?
Here’s how to use Retinol infused creams in your skincare routine:-
Step 1: Wash your face with water and a mild face cleanser.
Step 2: Wait a few minutes until your skin is dry.
Step 3: Now use a good quality toner to unclog the pores.
Step 4: Let it dry and wait for a few minutes.
This is because, on damp skin, Retinol may completely be absorbed into the skin and might cause irritation. You should apply moisturizers and serums to damp skin, but never retinol-enriched creams.
Step 5: Take a pea-sized amount of cream in your hand and gently massage with your fingertips in upward and outward directions.
Step 6: Be sure to apply a broad-spectrum sunscreen the morning after.
Which is the Best Retinol-Enriched Cream?
Retinol can be sensitive to your skin, so always invest in a good quality retinol cream to avoid skin irritation and itchiness. We recommend using Mamaearth Retinol Night Cream if you want to address your skin concerns with the goodness of Bakuchi and the power of Retinol. This cream targets fine lines, crow’s feet, hyperpigmentation, skin discoloration, and dark patches and promises a radiant glow.
Mamaearth offers a wide range of safe, gentle, and toxin-free skincare products along with the Goodness of Nature. We love how the ingredients penetrate so well into the skin and show visible effects within weeks or so. You can check out the website and explore options according to your skin type. Also, its aloe vera gel for face soothes skin and reduces irritation or inflammation.
- Retinol: This Vitamin A derivative helps reverse signs of sun damage. It boosts collagen synthesis, reduces wrinkles, increases cell turnover, and deeply nourishes the skin cells.
- Bakuchi Oil: This nature’s Retinol helps address uneven skin tone. It helps improve skin texture due to its antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Rapeseed Oil: A source of Omega-3 and Omega-6 fatty acids to deeply nourish your skin and form a protective layer on the skin.
A good-quality, safe, and gentle Retinol cream can work wonders in treating skin blemishes. The key is to opt for a brand like Mamaearth that brings you closer to the best grade of this vitamin and keeps it free from harmful chemicals. This will ensure that you get the most out of it.